Hair removal is a popular choice for women for clean, smooth, and silky looking skin. Earlier, waxing and hair removal creams were the most popular techniques for hair removal. Thanks to advanced technology available today, women no longer need to go through painful waxing and tweezing sessions every month, for now, we have laser hair removal!
Laser hair removal is a procedure where a professional doctor directs laser that directly targets the hair follicles to destroy them. It is so compelling that you will feel the difference in just one session – the skin feels silkier and smoother than before. However, laser therapy usually requires multiple sessions to permanently damage the hair follicles and break their cycle of regrowth. Laser treatment can efficiently remove hair from any part of the body be it the unwanted facial hair, legs, arms, underarms, or the bikini line.
The laser is applied in short bursts and is less painful. It has many advantages over the conventional hair removal methods.
- Waxing is messy and time-consuming. Laser, on the other hand, can target multiple hair follicles in about a fraction of a second. So, small areas such as upper lips can be treated in less than a minute while larger areas may take anywhere between 30-45 minutes.
- Laser treatment targets only the hair follicle and efficiently destroys it without damaging the surrounding skin.
- Unlike waxing that often leads to ingrown hair and ugly red bumps, laser treatment leaves less scope for ingrown hair.
- With waxing, hair starts to appear in about two weeks time. Four to eight sessions of laser treatment ensure that the hair follicles are permanently destroyed so that they don’t appear again. This is much more cost-effective than waxing in the long run.
- Waxing becomes a very painful task when it comes to the delicate areas of the body. With laser, removing hair even in the sensitive areas is easier and less painful.
Since laser treatments are carried out by expert professionals, the adverse side effects of this procedure are minimal. However, before undergoing laser hair removal, you must go without waxing and shaving at least for six weeks before the process. This is because laser targets the roots of the hair and waxing and shaving will only hamper the effectiveness of the treatment. Also, it is essential to avoid sun exposure after the laser sessions as it can create unnecessary complications. Wearing sunscreen is a must.
Laser hair removal is rapidly gaining ground and becoming popular both with men and women owing to the host of benefits that it offers. Getting rid of unwanted body hair has never been easier!