Dealing with hair loss can be a stressful experience for both men and women because hair plays a significant role in keeping us beautiful and attractive. Also, if hair loss is sudden, it can bring more of stress to the women. However, it is okay to shed 50-80 strands per day, but if the hair is coming out in clumps, then it is vital to figure out the reason behind the hair loss and how to stop it accordingly by seeking advice and treatment from one’s personal physician else the condition can be so critical that you have to opt in for big treatments like hair transplant in Chennai.
Hair loss in women is a common phenomenon which can occur due to various reasons. If you are discerning an unusual and prolonged hair loss, and you are curious about the possible reasons, then look no further than the page you are reading right now.
The topmost reasons for hair loss in women are stress and medical conditions. Yet, we have a list of top 10 factors causing sudden hair loss in women:
- Excessive exercise: Excess exercise can drain essential nutrition from your body which causes hair follicles to lose their strength and shine.
- Lack of sleep: Less sleeping hours can cause stress to hair follicle causing hair to fall out earlier than usual. So proper sleeping hours are must for women to have healthy hair growth.
- Nutritional Deficiencies- Maintaining proper vitamin D levels is one of the best ways to keep your hair healthy. One of the symptoms of vitamin D deficiency is hair loss. Furthermore, Deficiencies of the amino acid, copper, and zinc, may also cause hair loss. So make sure that you are getting enough of these vitamins and Proteins because hair strands are composed of proteins only.
- Medications: Allergies from few medications can cause itching and scaling resulting in sudden hair loss conditions
- Pregnancy and child birth: hormonal changes in the body due to pregnancy can cause sudden hair loss in women. Usually, Women have thicker hair during pregnancy as high levels of hormones avoid them from falling out as they usually would. But after the baby is born, and hormones get back to their original position, these strands will inevitably fall out suddenly.
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy drugs cause severe sudden hair loss in cancer patients. While the treatment kills cancer cells, it also damages the hair follicles. The hair loss due to chemotherapy is reversible, and you can get your hair back after the treatment is over.
- Birth Control Pills – This is something, women are not yet aware of! Birth control pills suppress ovulation can cause hair to thin. Other drugs correlated with hair loss are blood thinners and medicines that treat high blood pressure, depression, etc.
- Extreme stress– As stress can cause an immense disturbance in the growth cycle of the hair in women causing them to fall out prematurely. It is important for women to relax and wind down because Life is meant to enjoy after all. This kind of hair loss is usually temporary.
- Thyroid issues – The thyroid is a gland at the front of the neck. If it produces too much or too less thyroid gland, then you may encounter with hair loss situation followed by weight gain or loss, changes in heart-rate, etc.
- Tight Hairstyles– Women usually wear their hair up tightly and use rollers too often, which cause hair to fall out quickly. So relax, avoid excessive hair styling and let your hair down, and then it should grow back.
- Aging- As women age, their hair strands get smaller and become thinner, finer, and gray also. So to keep them healthy, have a healthy diet to keep your body youthful, as well as your hair.
- Extreme weight loss and crash diets – When you go for crash diets to reduce weight, you are losing your hair at the same time. However, hair should grow back after you return to eating a healthy balanced diet. So diet is something that can mostly affect your hair growth.
- Genetics- Last but not the least, hereditary hair loss is something that 5 out of 10 women are dealing with. This kind of hair loss is not reversible and to deal with it in the best possible way, consults your doctor.
No matter what the cause is, women need to be very careful regarding the kind of treatment to opt for. Parallel to this, you can stimulate your hair growth by getting in touch with- Natural Hair Transplant which is the reputed hair loss treatment provider in India.