The decision of taking a health insurance policy is a big leap in the direction of a better and healthier future for you and your family. Needless to say, it is an important decision that requires deliberation and careful analysis before being finalised. You need to know your own needs, your family’s requirements, your general health condition and the possible scenario in the coming years based on family history – and many more things – in order to choose a plan with just the right benefits for you.
Here’s a list of the five best health insurance policies in India offered by some of the best insurance companies. See if you can choose your best health insurance policy in 2019 from among them!
- Cigna TTK ProHealth Plus plan assures sums of ₹ 4.5 lakhs, ₹ 5.5 lakhs, ₹ 7.5 lakhs, and ₹ 10 lakhs, with benefits such as restoration benefit, health maintenance benefit, critical illness expert opinion, and maternity benefits. It is valid for a lifetime, and the minimum entry age for the insured is 91 days.
- HDFC ERGO Health Suraksha Gold Regain starts coverage amount from ₹ 3 lakh, and goes on to ₹ 4 lakh, ₹ 5 lakh, ₹ 7.5 lakh, and ₹ 10 lakh. The validity is lifelong, with no minimum entry age limit. Its benefits include zero sub-limits, cumulative bonus, maternity benefits, and a coverage basis.
- Apollo Munich Easy Health offers benefits such as inpatient treatment that gets hospitalisation cover for more than 24 hours, pre-hospitalisation covers up to 60 days before hospitalisation, 144 types of Day-Care medical expenses, domiciliary treatment expenses that allow medical treatment to take place at home. With standard, exclusive, and premium varieties, the coverage ranges from ₹ 5 lakh (for standard) to ₹ 50 lakh for exclusive and premium packages.
- Max Bupa Health Companion Individual has the refill benefit, animal bite vaccination, direct claim settlement, hospital cash benefit, long-term policy benefit, etc. There are three variants, with the sum assured for the first one ranging from ₹ 1 lakh to 10 lakh, ₹ 5 lakh to 12.5 lakh for the second, and ₹ 15 lakh to 1 crore for the third.
- Royal Sundaram Lifeline Supreme provides second opinion benefit and covers pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation charges, organ transplant charges, and emergency domestic evacuation expenses. The sum assured ranges from ₹ 5 lakh to ₹ 50 lakh. For children, the minimum entry age is 90 days and the maximum are 25 years. For adults, the minimum age is 18 years and there is no maximum entry age bar.
The purpose of health insurance policies is to provide protection against financial crisis in times of health crisis so that you don’t have to worry about emptying your pocket. When it is entrusted with such a big responsibility, you should also see to it that all angles and aspects are considered before purchasing it. Always familiarise yourself with some fundamental insurance-related terms, arm yourself with information regarding the top insurance companies and their policies, and when you finally choose one, go through all its terms and conditions in detail. Cigna TTK Health Insurance is one such company that provides easy-EMI and easy-returns policies. You can visit them here and browse through their plans: https://www.cignattkinsurance.in/