Wisdom teeth removal is a surgical procedure to remove one or more wisdom teeth. If a wisdom tooth doesn’t have enough space to grow can cause severe pain, infection and other dental problems. To avoid dental problems associated with wisdom teeth; dentists recommend wisdom tooth extraction even if impacted teeth are not causing any problems.
What Is Wisdom Teeth?
The third molars are the last permanent teeth to erupt in the jawline. Usually, wisdom teeth appear between the ages of 17 and 25. For some people wisdom teeth do not develop. For others, it may develop normally and do not cause any problem whereas for others it will cause problems when it erupts.
An impacted wisdom tooth may;
- Grow in an angle towards the next tooth
- Grow in an angle towards the back of the mouth
- Erupt at a right angle to the other nearby teeth.
- Grow straight up or down but trapped within the jawbone.
Problems With Impacted Teeth;
You might need your impacted wisdom tooth pulled if it results in problems such as:
- Tooth decay in a partially erupted wisdom tooth.
- Damage to the bones of a nearby tooth
- Infection or gum disease (Periodontal Disease)
- Development of a fluid-filled sac (cyst) around the wisdom tooth
The Wisdom Teeth Removal Cost In Sydney:
The wisdom teeth removal cost Sydney is determined by various factors that include the type of anaesthesia given during the surgery, an experience of the dentist you choose, how many teeth needs to be extracted, complication and the level of surgery. Based on these factors a dentist will provide the estimated cost of wisdom teeth removal in Sydney. The cost of wisdom teeth removal in Sydney includes:
- The price for simple tooth extraction due to damage caused by wisdom teeth range from $150-$350.
- The price for straightforward wisdom teeth removal with no complexities ranges from $225-$250.
- The price for surgical wisdom teeth removal with complexities found during initial assessment range from $250-$375.
The price for removing a wisdom tooth may seem to be expensive, but if you find the right dental practice that offers cheap wisdom teeth removal in Sydney you can save a lot of money.
How to Prepare For The Tooth Extraction Procedure?
Your dentist may perform the procedure in the office. However, if your wisdom tooth is deeply impacted or if the extraction requires an in-depth surgical approach, your dentist may suggest you consult an oral surgeon. In addition to making the area numb with local anaesthesia, the oral surgeon may suggest sedation to make you more comfortable during the procedure. Wisdom teeth removal is a painless and common surgery in the dentistry.
Question to ask for preparing yourself for the surgery,
- Wisdom teeth removal is safe for me or not?
- What type of anaesthesia will I receive?
- Is it a complicated procedure?
- How long the procedure likely to last?
- How long does it take to heal completely?
Many of you might avoid wisdom teeth removal because of the cost of the procedure. Avoiding dental care may put you at the risk of other dental problems. The wisdom teeth removal cost Sydney is affordable and safe.