Nothing you wear is more important than your smile. A great smile shows happiness, confidence, and fun. It is remarkable! However, it takes a little work to keep it that way. Luckily here are some tips from dentist Parramatta to keep your teeth healthy and help you prevent dental problems.
What can I do to prevent Dental Problems and keep my Teeth Healthy?
To keep your mouth healthy and prevent dental problems, brushing your teeth is the basic solution suggested by dentist Parramatta.
- Brushing your teeth regularly will help keep away bacteria and germs, which can cause gum disease and tooth decay.
- It is recommended to brush your teeth two times a day, for 2 minutes each time.
- You can use toothpaste with fluoride for germ-fighting protection.
- Make sure you brush your teeth daily in the morning.
- Plaque may build-up overnight, which can cause bacteria to accumulate, leading to bad breath.
- You should also floss your teeth as a part of your daily routine. Flossing will remove food particles and bacterial build-up between teeth and along the gum line that cannot be removed by brushing.
- If you have the habit of having bed coffee, wait at least 30 minutes to brush your teeth. This is because coffee is acidic, it can damage your teeth if you brush almost immediately.
Can some foods result in Dental Problems?
Yes, some foodstuff you eat even if you floss and brush your teeth regularly can breakdown the essential enamel of your teeth, causing decay and other oral health problems. Sugary drinks like fruit juices and soda with its acid content can also breakdown your teeth enamel.
When teeth enamel starts to breakdown, the teeth happen to be more vulnerable to tooth decay. It is best advised to keep away from soda. Candies are also not the best choice if your aim is a healthy mouth. We are not saying to stop it completely, but you can indulge once in a while, but choose your candy wisely. Try to avoid chewy and sticky candies as it can stick to your teeth longer, giving the acid and sugar time to do its damage.
Can you take too good care of your Teeth?
Yes, people over brush their teeth. Brushing too many times a day and more than 4 minutes at a time would begin to wear down the enamel of their teeth. As mentioned previously, this makes your teeth more susceptible to oral health problems.
Besides brushing too much, you should also avoid brushing too hard. You can damage the enamel of your teeth, and even the gums around the teeth will become weak, which allows bacteria to get into your teeth.
Should I schedule dental checkups at Parramatta dental clinic?
Yes, you should schedule regular dental checkups every once in six months to make sure your mouth is healthy, or you need any precautionary treatments. Besides, if you face any emergency like knocked-out teeth, you should visit emergency dentist Parramatta right away to save your teeth and prevent your smile.